GIST Startup Training Argentina
Córdoba, Argentina | June 10 - 13, 2019
The U.S. Department of State's Global Innovation through Science and Technology (GIST) Initiative is pleased to announce a Startup Training program to support teams of science and technology entrepreneurs from Argentina. The program will be held in Córdoba, Argentina on June 10-13 and will be implemented by VentureWell and in-country partner Emprear.
The GIST Startup Training will give science and technology entrepreneurs the skills and tools to develop their business models and grow their ventures. Participants will spend four days in intensive training working to hone their business ideas, perfect their pitch, and showcase their innovations during a Demo Day in front of business leaders, investors, and policymakers from Argentina.
Do you qualify?
In order to participate in this GIST Startup Training, you must:
- Be a startup based in Argentina
- Be between the ages of 18 and 40
- Send no more than two team members to participate
- Have a science and technology focus in your startup
You also will need the following information and documents to apply:
- Basic information about your startup – including your customer base and business goals
- Basic information about your startup’s funding
- Your past startup support program participation, whether it was with GIST or another organization
If you have specific questions about your eligibility, or about your application submission, please contact us via email at [email protected].
How to Apply
1) Click on the APPLY button below to begin your application. If you are not already logged into your GIST Network account, you will be asked to do so. If you do not have a GIST Network, you will be asked to make one in order to proceed to the application.
2) Once logged in, the system will automatically move you to the application page.
3) Please fill out every section of the form before saving your application. This application will take between 10 and 15 minutes to complete.
4) If you choose to make changes to your application, you can access it from the dashboard on your GIST Network profile. You are allowed to make changes to your submission until the application deadline.
If you are creating your GIST Network account through this application, you will need click on a confirmation link that will be emailed to you. If you do not, your application will not be submitted on the application deadline.
If you do not receive a confirmation email, please contact [email protected] or message us on the GIST Facebook page.
NOTE: ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY 11:59 A.M. EDT FRIDAY, MAY 3, 2019.
Empear is a non-profit, non-partisan, and autonomous non-governmental organization (NGO) in Argentina. It was born after the crisis of 2001 with the aim of spreading the entrepreneurial spirit of the nation and promoting the creative capacity of economic and social value of the most innovative entrepreneurs and change agents.
VentureWell is a nonprofit organization that supports the creation of new ventures from an emerging generation of science and technology founders. VentureWell does this by supporting the innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystems that are critical to the success of these founders.