GIST Regional Startup Training in North Macedonia
Skopje, North Macedonia | May 13 - 16, 2019
The U.S. Department of State's Global Innovation through Science and Technology (GIST) Initiative, along with implementation partner VentureWell, is pleased to announce a Startup Training program for science and technology entrepreneurs from North Macedonia, Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Belarus, Kosovo, Moldova, Montenegro, Ukraine, Serbia, Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia.
Through this Startup Training, with in-country partner Startup Macedonia, entrepreneurs will build their skills and gain tools to develop their business models and grow their ventures. Participants will spend four days honing their business ideas, perfecting their pitches, and showcasing their innovations during a Demo Day in front of business leaders, investors, and policymakers from around the region.
For this in-country GIST Regional Startup Training, there will be a specific focus on teams that meet the following requirements:
- Be a startup based in Armenia, North Macedonia, Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Belarus, Kosovo, Moldova, Montenegro, Ukraine, Serbia, Azerbaijan or Georgia;
- Send no more than two team members to participate;
- Be between the ages of 18 and 40;
- Have a science and technology focus in your startup.
You will also need the following information and documents to apply:
- Basic information about your startup – including customer base and goals;
- Basic information about your startup’s funding;
- Your past program participation, whether it was with GIST or another organization;
- Passport information for you and your team members (Note: Participants from outside North Macedonia will receive travel support to this Startup Training).
How to Apply
1) Click on the APPLY button below to begin your application. If you are not already logged into your GIST Network account, you will be asked to do so. If you do not have a GIST Network, you will be asked to make one in order to proceed to the application.
2) Once logged in, the system will automatically move you to the application page.
3) Please fill out every section of the form before saving your application. This application will take between 10 and 15 minutes to complete.
4) If you choose to make changes to your application, you can access it from the dashboard on your GIST Network profile. You are allowed to make changes to your submission until the application deadline.
If you are creating your GIST Network account through this application, you will need click on a confirmation link that will be emailed to you. If you do not, your application will not be submitted on the application deadline. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please contact [email protected] or message us on the GIST Facebook page.
NOTE: ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY 11:59 A.M. EST MONDAY, APRIL 1, 2019.
Note: Participants from out of the area may receive support to travel to this startup training.
If you have specific questions about your eligibility, or about your application submission, please contact us via email at [email protected].
About Startup Macedonia
Startup Macedonia is an association created by a group of startup enthusiasts, experts, investors, accelerators, and other organizations in North Macedonia, who have one common goal: to connect the startup community in North Macedonia through a data–driven approach and encourage and help create favorable work environment for startups in North Macedonia. Startup Macedonia has three focus areas. The first is digitalization of the ecosystem by making the ecosystem visible through data and measurable KPIs. The second is helping the startup support organizations to improve and accommodate their services according to the market needs. The last one is to make North Macedonia one single connected hub and strengthen North Macedonia's network nationally and internationally.
VentureWell is a nonprofit organization that supports the creation of new ventures from an emerging generation of science and technology founders. VentureWell does this by supporting the innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystems that are critical to the success of these founders.