GIST Online: Current (Audio Only)
Are you an entrepreneur who wants to leverage your profits to have a positive impact in your community? Do you have an idea for a tech startup you think could earn you money while helping others? If you answered yes to either of these questions, join a live webchat on Tuesday, August 28 at 11:00 a.m. EDT/15:00 UTC to learn how to run a profitable startup with a positive social impact.
A live panel of experienced entrepreneurs will talk about their own startups, how they are making a positive difference in their communities and how your startup can do the same. The panelists will be:
- Fonta Gilliam, Founder & CEO of Sou Sou: Fonta’s company modernizes traditional savings and loan models found in cultures around the world. It is a crowd-sourced banking community that allows people to build credit and wealth together, taking turns paying in and cashing out of the system.
- Gideon Taub, Founder & CEO of Pinkaloo Technologies: Gideon’s company uses fintech to modernize and increase charitable giving for businesses and employees.
- Laila Akel, COO of RedCrow: RedCrow helps companies operate in high-risk environments using an application that detects and minimizes risks. The application makes communities safer, while providing more job opportunities for work that would otherwise be too dangerous.
Whether it is facilitating connectivity between different cultures, creating jobs or inspiring other would-be entrepreneurs to start their own companies – the impact of a startup can often extend far beyond the benefits of the product they are selling and support a greater good. As an entrepreneur, you have the ability to make a positive difference for your community. Our panel of experts will tell you how.
To participate in this GIST TechConnect, go to www.gistnetwork.org/content/gist-online. You can submit your questions on the webpage or on Twitter using #GISTTechConnect. This program will be in English with closed captioning, and will also include Spanish and French interpretation.
- Listen to a panel of experienced entrepreneurs tell you how their companies make a profit while making a difference in their communities
- Ask questions about your own startup ideas and get answers
- Learn how your business or idea can make a profit while making a different in your community