Cleantech solutions are leading the way toward a more sustainable world while also creating jobs and improving economies. Cleantech holds enormous opportunities. Innovators coming out of the lab are finding exciting new possibilities to address issues such as water security, deforestation, energy efficiency, agriculture, and carbon sequestration. Join our panel of cleantech experts as we explore the various ways early-stage cleantech innovators can best leverage resources to grow in this field.
This event is co-hosted with GIST Innovation Hub Berytech.
11:00 AM ET, June 22, 2021
This discussion will feature a live chat Q&A directly after the broadcast. Stick around to get all your questions answered.
- Preparing your startup for launching a cleantech solution
- How to work with government entities
- Supply chain management
- The role of smaller companies in the cleantech sector
How to Watch
On the date and time of the event, the panel discussion will be available on this page. Simply come to this page and at the correct time indicated above, the live stream video and chat box will be available.
Have a question you want our panelists to answer? Leave it here and we'll add it to the show!
-Listen to a panel of experts discuss best practices for startups entering or in cleantech fields
-Ask the experts your questions specific to your startup
-Learn effective ways to ensure the success of your cleantech solution
Use this social media kit for suggested posts about this event.
Venture Principal, Shell
Course works in Shell Ventures as Venture Principal where she invests in innovative start and scale-up companies that accelerate the energy transition, specializing in the areas of ML, AI, Robotics and Decarbonization. Prior to joining Shell, Andrea worked as Venture Principal at Schlumberger Technology Investments. In addition, she is a speaker and gender equality advocate who has proven the effectiveness of education and networking for women wanting to move up the corporate ladder. She also supports minority-owned startups as an Advisory Board Member of the business angel Minority association (baMa). She holds a degree in Engineering Physics from the University of Central Oklahoma, a Master of Science from the University of Oklahoma in Aerospace Engineering and an executive MBA from the University of Houston.
Berytech, Cleantech Specialist
Elias is passionate about innovation with a genuine interest in supporting the success of startups. With more than 7 years of technical and sales experience across the MENA region, he acquired a rich knowledge in new technologies and trends in Cleantech and many other high-tech industries.
Elias holds a B.E. in Electrical Engineering from the Lebanese University and a Master of Research in Industrial Control from the University of Technology of Compiegne in France.
Founder/CEO Solar Sister
Katherine Lucey is the Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Solar Sister. Katherine is a Schwab Foundation Entrepreneur of the Year, an Ashoka Fellow, and a Draper Richards Kaplan Foundation Entrepreneur. She has received recognition and awards for her work with Solar Sister including Clinton Global Initiative, Social Venture Network, C3E, and International Center for Research on Women (ICRW) Champion of Change Award. She holds an M.B.A. from Georgia State University and a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism from the University of Georgia. Prior to becoming a social entrepreneur, Katherine spent over 20 years as an investment banker on Wall Street providing structured finance solutions to the energy sector.
Dip is a technologist, engineer, and entrepreneur. He’s the founder of Ecovent, a smart home technology company sold to ConnectM in 2016. Before Ecovent, Dip led the design, development, and production of complex radar hardware systems at Lockheed Martin. Dip has a BSEE from Drexel University, an MSEE from the University of Pennsylvania, and an MBA from the MIT Sloan School of Management.
About GIST TechConnect
GIST TechConnects provide entrepreneurs around the world with direct access to leading U.S. experts from business and academia, but without the travel and other related costs. Young science and technology entrepreneurs can engage with experts and the larger GIST community to learn about best business practices and startup resources.
- GIST TechConnects are live webinars in which a panel of experts and thought-leaders discuss topics of importance to early-stage, science and technology innovators from across the globe.
- Viewers of TechConnects can ask questions directly to the panel of speakers through an accompanying chat-space next to the TechConnect video.
- TechConnects are regularly live-translated into French and Spanish to ensure that viewers from across the globe can engage and benefit from the program.
- GIST TechConnects provides entrepreneurs around the world with direct access to leading U.S. experts from business and academia, but without the travel and other related costs.
- Young science and technology entrepreneurs can engage with experts and the larger GIST community to learn about best business practices and startup resources.
- In addition to the panel of experts answering questions, there is a Chatspace Expert responding to all questions and comments made in the chatspace - providing insights, sharing critical resources, and enabling conversation among innovators across the globe.
Why you should host a viewing group and promote the TC’s to your network:
- Increased Knowledge: Innovators from across the globe get unparalleled access to experts to answer their burning questions about building and growing a startup. From how to raise an investment, to understanding marketing best practices, innovators can gain important insights and knowledge.
- Connecting to broader GIST network: You’ll be able to connect to the broader global GIST network and get access to additional resources, such as GIST Pitch Competitions, GIST Startup Trainings, and access to the entire GIST TechConnect video library.
- Engaging your local ecosystem: Hosting a viewing group is also a great opportunity to engage your community's innovators--viewing groups often host a local speaker series or event in tandem with the GIST TechConnect, to capitalize on having all of your innovators together.
- Exposure to GIST community: Photos of viewing groups are highlighted at the end of each live TechConnect, which is watched by viewers across the globe.
If you have questions about GIST programming please send us an email at [email protected].
Watch past online programs here.