Competition applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible to participate in the GIST Catalyst | Women in Climate Pitch Competition:
- The applicant must be a citizen of one of the following economies:
People's Republic of China
Hong Kong, China
Republic of Korea
Papua New Guinea
The United States
- The application must be complete.
- The application must be received by the submission deadline of LATE SUMMER 2023.
- All applications must focus on science or technology solutions.
- Startups led by women, and startups that directly advance the interests of women in the countries where they operate are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Applications that fall under the following categories will not be accepted:
- Research projects with no demonstrable commercial potential
- Teams based at a charity or foundation (not-for-profit) organization.
- Participants in previous in-person GIST activity such as Catalyst pitch competitions, Business Incubation, Tech-I, or Startup Ttrainings.
- Teams based at organizations that buy and resell technologies and other goods
- The applicant must be at least 18 years old and can be through 40 years old at the close of the application submission window in LATE SUMMER, 2023 (application deadline).
- All materials submitted must be the original work of the applicants
- The video submitted in the application must feature only the applicant pitching (ie not another team member, AI or text-to-speech voiceover, etc).