PNG Digital ICT Cluster is a not-for-profit, membership-driven association. It is a unique platform for innovation between business and university and the link to public authorities. Their goal is to stimulate a business environment where technology provides important productivity and economic benefit for the country.
At a Glance:
I-Hub: PNG Digital ICT Cluster
Location: Port Moresby Capital City, Papua New Guinea
Start-ups: 45 start-ups, 70 Individuals and Students, 10 large corporate support, Government Public agencies, and Academia participation
Sectors: ICT, STEM, Biotech, Software Dev, Telecommunications, Creative Industries, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship
The Cluster was established in 2014 through a regional EU Bizclim funded pilot project in 4 Pacific Island Countries (Samoa, Tonga, Vanuatu & Papua New Guinea) supported by the Pacific Island Private Sector Organisation through country intermediaries.
• Support relevant legislation to enable the growth of the ecosystem and the Industry.
• Encourage and foster inclusive ICT and digital trade.
• Promote new collaborations and attract direct foreign investment.
• Provide a forum through which different segments of the ICT industry and sectors can discuss issues facing their businesses.
• Organize events symposiums, seminars, and workshops to promote digital and ICT entrepreneurship and related innovative projects, products, and services.
• Promote incubator and accelerator programs and innovation hubs and creative spaces for ICT and digital startups.
Techinnovate 2019 (https://youtu.be/loSbUfpOC-g)
2nd Annual Science, Technology and Innovation 1 day conference which brought over 200 participants, 14 entrepreneurs in Biotech, ICT and Software Engineering and Creative Industries to participate at the event hosted in capital City Port Moresby. The event attracted 11 corporate sponsors and has contributed to business engagement and opportunities for our entrepreneurs and networks. The event also for the first time brought and displayed innovations by students in Universities.