About GIST TechConnect
- GIST TechConnects are live webinars in which a panel of experts and thought-leaders discuss topics of importance to early-stage, science and technology innovators from across the globe.
- Viewers of TechConnects can ask questions directly to the panel of speakers through an accompanying chat-space next to the TechConnect video.
- TechConnects are regularly live-translated into French and Spanish to ensure that viewers from across the globe can engage and benefit from the program.
- GIST TechConnects provides entrepreneurs around the world with direct access to leading U.S. experts from business and academia, but without the travel and other related costs.
- Young science and technology entrepreneurs can engage with experts and the larger GIST community to learn about best business practices and startup resources.
- In addition to the panel of experts answering questions, there is a Chatspace Expert responding to all questions and comments made in the chatspace - providing insights, sharing critical resources, and enabling conversation among innovators across the globe.
Why you should host a viewing group and promote the TC’s to your network:
- Increased Knowledge: Innovators from across the globe get unparalleled access to experts to answer their burning questions about building and growing a startup. From how to raise an investment, to understanding marketing best practices, innovators can gain important insights and knowledge.
- Connecting to broader GIST network: You’ll be able to connect to the broader global GIST network and get access to additional resources, such as GIST Pitch Competitions, GIST Startup Trainings, and access to the entire GIST TechConnect video library.
- Engaging your local ecosystem: Hosting a viewing group is also a great opportunity to engage your community's innovators--viewing groups often host a local speaker series or event in tandem with the GIST TechConnect, to capitalize on having all of your innovators together.
- Exposure to GIST community: Photos of viewing groups are highlighted at the end of each live TechConnect, which is watched by viewers across the globe.
If you have questions about GIST programming please send us an email at [email protected].
Past TechConnect Webinars
GIST TechConnect: Catalyzing Resources for Women Led StartupsSep 24, 2019
Cultivating a thriving, equitable, and inclusive entrepreneurial ecosystem across developing economies requires a robust and supportive ecosystem.
GIST TechConnect: Developing Customers AbroadJun 28, 2019
Customer discovery is one of the most critical aspects of building a successful startup. For startups interested in building a global business and attracting revenue from abroad, you should understand each new market's social and economic contexts, how to talk to potential customers about their needs, and ways to identify customer concerns. These and other skills are crucial to developing a successful revenue model. Connecting with customers, especially those that are abroad, is a skill that must be constantly developed and refined.
GIST TechConnect: Innovative Problem Solving with Limited ResourcesApr 30, 2019
Building a successful science and technology startup is challenging, even in the most developed startup ecosystems. For entrepreneurs who are not in these ecosystems – entrepreneurs who have limited access to capital, a strong network, government and industry support, or limited infrastructure – creating a startup is even more challenging.
GIST TechConnect: Grow Your Startup through Digital MarketingFeb 14, 2019
Over the last several years, digital marketing has played an increasingly bigger role in the growth of a startup. Through digital marketing, startup are now able to reach their intended markets efficiently and directly. Marketing tools include search engine optimization, paid advertising, and utilizing graphics and videos to reach target audiences.
GIST TechConnect: How Startup Investment WorksNov 06, 2018
A critical challenge faced by science and technology startups across the globe is how to secure funding to sustain and scale their ventures. Throughout the life cycle of a science or technology startup, entrepreneurs will need different types of funding from different types of investors.
GIST TechConnect: Turning a Profit While Doing GoodAug 28, 2018
Are you an entrepreneur who wants to leverage your profits to have a positive impact in your community? Do you have an idea for a tech startup you think could earn you money while helping others? If you answered yes to either of these questions, join a live webchat on Tuesday, August 28 at 11:00 a.m. EDT/15:00 UTC to learn how to run a profitable startup with a positive social impact.
GIST TechConnect: Investing in WomenJul 12, 2018
Historically, investment in women-led startup has been low. But the paradigm is shifting by women investors actively financing women-led ventures.
GIST TechConnect: Fintech - The Future of FinanceJun 12, 2018
We are going through one of the biggest transformations in the history of entrepreneurship: The Fintech Revolution.
GIST TechConnect: Cloud Computing for Your StartupMay 08, 2018
A key to the success of every startup is maximizing resources while minimizing costs. One tool that is proven to accomplish both is Cloud Computing.
GIST TechConnect: Getting Publicity for Your StartupApr 17, 2018
You have built a great product and assembled a team, but you can’t start making sales until potential customers know about you.