About GIST TechConnect
- GIST TechConnects are live webinars in which a panel of experts and thought-leaders discuss topics of importance to early-stage, science and technology innovators from across the globe.
- Viewers of TechConnects can ask questions directly to the panel of speakers through an accompanying chat-space next to the TechConnect video.
- TechConnects are regularly live-translated into French and Spanish to ensure that viewers from across the globe can engage and benefit from the program.
- GIST TechConnects provides entrepreneurs around the world with direct access to leading U.S. experts from business and academia, but without the travel and other related costs.
- Young science and technology entrepreneurs can engage with experts and the larger GIST community to learn about best business practices and startup resources.
- In addition to the panel of experts answering questions, there is a Chatspace Expert responding to all questions and comments made in the chatspace - providing insights, sharing critical resources, and enabling conversation among innovators across the globe.
Why you should host a viewing group and promote the TC’s to your network:
- Increased Knowledge: Innovators from across the globe get unparalleled access to experts to answer their burning questions about building and growing a startup. From how to raise an investment, to understanding marketing best practices, innovators can gain important insights and knowledge.
- Connecting to broader GIST network: You’ll be able to connect to the broader global GIST network and get access to additional resources, such as GIST Pitch Competitions, GIST Startup Trainings, and access to the entire GIST TechConnect video library.
- Engaging your local ecosystem: Hosting a viewing group is also a great opportunity to engage your community's innovators--viewing groups often host a local speaker series or event in tandem with the GIST TechConnect, to capitalize on having all of your innovators together.
- Exposure to GIST community: Photos of viewing groups are highlighted at the end of each live TechConnect, which is watched by viewers across the globe.
If you have questions about GIST programming please send us an email at [email protected].
Past TechConnect Webinars
Apr 04, 2017
While entrepreneurs can be found in every country, some startup ecosystems are thriving more than others. An entrepreneur needs a network of supportive people and resources to maximize his or her chances of success because, as we learned in the last TechConnect, failure is highly common in the startup world.
Mar 15, 2017
Originally broadcast March 10, 2017 What do you have in common with a Silicon Valley entrepreneur? Advice for entrepreneurs in Silicon Valley doesn’t always work for entrepreneurs in emerging-market countries, like those in the Global Innovation through Science and Technology (GIST) Initiative. Emerging-market entrepreneurs face unique challenges in business ecosystems that are very different from those in the United States. Gurus Habib Haddad and Elmira Bayasli.
Feb 14, 2017
Running a startup can be a lonely affair. In the last decade, thousands of incubators and accelerators have sprung up globally to provide a place where startups can co-locate, network with peers and mentors, and possibly receive investment. Learn the difference between incubators and accelerators. Understand how you can know if your startup will benefit from an incubator or accelerator, and learn how to choose wisely. Explore the benefits and pitfalls of leaving your home country to join an incubator or accelerator in another country.
Jan 17, 2017
To be successful, a new startup must use its resources wisely. Determining the most efficient use of resources can sometimes be hard. Fortunately, there are two frameworks entrepreneurs can use to help them: The Lean Methodology and the Agile Approach.
Dec 13, 2016
Publicly available or Open Government Data is a major business resource - free of charge - that entrepreneurs around the world are using to establish new businesses, refine business strategies, and accelerate the pace of research and development.
Nov 16, 2016
GIST Online provides in-country entrepreneurs with direct access to leading U.S. talent from business and academia, but without the travel and event costs. Young science and technology entrepreneurs across the globe engage with experts and the larger GIST community proving that innovation and entrepreneurship have no boundaries in today’s global marketplace.
Sep 20, 2016
Please note: This broadcast is in Spanish. Descripción del programa: Participa con nosotros en la próxima charla interactiva titulada “En busca de capital en América Latina”, una conversación dirigida por Agostinho Almeida, un gerente de inversiones en Medellín (Colombia). Identificar y asegurar capital para tu emprendimiento de ciencia y tecnología es un desafío universal. El entorno único de América Latina en cuanto a la financiación puede hacer particularmente difícil identificar el capital de inversiones y ser tomado en cuenta por los inversionistas. Almeida y el moderador Richard Boly se referirán al actual panorama para las inversiones y hablarán sobre las mejores prácticas, ideas y consejos para los emprendedores que tratan de tener éxito en toda América Latina. Plantea tus preguntas en vivo y aprende cómo encontrar el capital para de riesgo para tu emprendimiento. Featured Speakers: Dr. Agostinho Almeida, Richard Boly
Aug 09, 2016
The concept of disruptive innovation has captured the attention of entrepreneurs and investors. But what does it mean? How can startups employ the concept to standout in the marketplace?
Jul 12, 2016
David Rose, CEO of Gust, presented key lessons from his latest best-selling book 25 Steps to a Scalable, High-Growth Business during the GIST Guru broadcast.
Jun 21, 2016
We highlight practical advice from Jeff Hoffman and Oltac Unsal on how entrepreneurs can perfect their pitch to investors and partners. Featured Speakers: Jeff Hoffman and Oltac Unsal