About GIST TechConnect
- GIST TechConnects are live webinars in which a panel of experts and thought-leaders discuss topics of importance to early-stage, science and technology innovators from across the globe.
- Viewers of TechConnects can ask questions directly to the panel of speakers through an accompanying chat-space next to the TechConnect video.
- TechConnects are regularly live-translated into French and Spanish to ensure that viewers from across the globe can engage and benefit from the program.
- GIST TechConnects provides entrepreneurs around the world with direct access to leading U.S. experts from business and academia, but without the travel and other related costs.
- Young science and technology entrepreneurs can engage with experts and the larger GIST community to learn about best business practices and startup resources.
- In addition to the panel of experts answering questions, there is a Chatspace Expert responding to all questions and comments made in the chatspace - providing insights, sharing critical resources, and enabling conversation among innovators across the globe.
Why you should host a viewing group and promote the TC’s to your network:
- Increased Knowledge: Innovators from across the globe get unparalleled access to experts to answer their burning questions about building and growing a startup. From how to raise an investment, to understanding marketing best practices, innovators can gain important insights and knowledge.
- Connecting to broader GIST network: You’ll be able to connect to the broader global GIST network and get access to additional resources, such as GIST Pitch Competitions, GIST Startup Trainings, and access to the entire GIST TechConnect video library.
- Engaging your local ecosystem: Hosting a viewing group is also a great opportunity to engage your community's innovators--viewing groups often host a local speaker series or event in tandem with the GIST TechConnect, to capitalize on having all of your innovators together.
- Exposure to GIST community: Photos of viewing groups are highlighted at the end of each live TechConnect, which is watched by viewers across the globe.
If you have questions about GIST programming please send us an email at [email protected].
Past TechConnect Webinars
GIST TechConnect: Product Market FitMay 10, 2016
Determining product market fit has been identified as a first step to building a successful venture, particularly as investors are increasingly attuned to whether a startup’s business model has evaluated whether there is a fit for the startup’s product to the market.
GIST TechConnect: Success Factors for Entrepreneurial VenturesApr 12, 2016
On April 12, GIST Guru Series presentation, “Success Factors for Entrepreneurial Ventures,” with Stanford University’s Chuck Eesley discussed online entrepreneurship education resources and share data on entrepreneurship he has gathered through his research. Featured Speakers: Chuck Eesley (Assistant Professor at Stanford Technology Ventures Program)
GIST TechConnect: Robotics, Entrepreneurship, and EducationMar 08, 2016
On March 8, Anthony Nunez, President and CEO of Infamous Robotics LLC conducted a GIST Guru Webchat to share his expertise. Featured Speakers: Anthony Nunez (President and CEO of Infamous Robotics LLC)
GIST TechConnect: Your Startup PrioritiesFeb 09, 2016
Establishing a startup isn’t easy. There are many steps entrepreneurs need to take when turning their idea into a real venture. But how do you know what to do first? What should you prioritize while in the beginning stages of building your startup? Our expert panelists offer advice based on what they have found to be the most important initial steps when starting a venture. Hear them answer viewers' questions live, and learn which areas to focus on to make your venture a success!
GIST TechConnect: Key Players For Any StartupJan 12, 2016
CEO of Pacific Cynthia Traeger shared her entrepreneurial expertise and answered questions live January 12, 2016. Featured Speakers: Cynthia Traeger (CEO of Pacific)
GIST TechConnect: Lab to MarketSep 14, 2014
What are the steps to bringing a scientific discovery to the market place? This GIST TechConnect from 17 September 2014 with Ovidiu Bujorean, Dr. Jill S. Becker Founder of Cambridge Nanotech and current CXO of 02139 Inc., and Dr.