PNG Digital ICT Cluster is a not-for-profit, membership-driven association. It is a unique platform for innovation between business and university and the link to public authorities. Their goal is to stimulate a business environment where technology provides important productivity and economic benefit for the country.
At a Glance:
I-Hub: PNG Digital ICT Cluster
Location: Port Moresby Capital City, Papua New Guinea
Start-ups: 45 start-ups, 70 Individuals and Students, 10 large corporate support, Government Public agencies, and Academia participation
Sectors: ICT, STEM, Biotech, Software Dev, Telecommunications, Creative Industries, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship
The Cluster was established in 2014 through a regional EU Bizclim funded pilot project in 4 Pacific Island Countries (Samoa, Tonga, Vanuatu & Papua New Guinea) supported by the Pacific Island Private Sector Organisation through country intermediaries.
• Support relevant legislation to enable the growth of the ecosystem and the Industry.
• Encourage and foster inclusive ICT and digital trade.
• Promote new collaborations and attract direct foreign investment.
• Provide a forum through which different segments of the ICT industry and sectors can discuss issues facing their businesses.
• Organize events symposiums, seminars, and workshops to promote digital and ICT entrepreneurship and related innovative projects, products, and services.
• Promote incubator and accelerator programs and innovation hubs and creative spaces for ICT and digital startups.