Global Innovation in Science and Technology Initiative (GIST) has launched a new online certification program to help science and technology innovators to commercialize their innovations. If you are working on bringing your invention out of the lab and into the marketplace, GIST Virtual Accelerator is the program that can help you achieve your goals.
GIST Virtual Accelerator is available for no-cost and is designed to build your entrepreneurial skills and prepare you to participate in advanced accelerator training.
The program covers essential topics to help you launch your product, including:
- Introduction to building your business model canvas
- Identifying your market
- Developing value propositions
- Getting valuable insight through customer discovery
- Defining your distribution channels
- Building customer relationships
The program is designed in six modules that you can move through at your own pace, accessing the learning when the time is right for you. Each module covers a topic area, providing you with tools such as instructional videos, exercises to practice the concepts, and quizzes to track your progress. Depending on your existing background, this course is designed to be completed in less than 20 hours.
Once you’ve completed the program, you’ll have mastered the basics to build your startup for success. All participants who complete the course will receive official certification by GIST.
GIST Virtual Accelerator is now available! Click the following link to begin the course.
You’re almost ready to dive into the GIST Online Course! Each Chapter follows this format:
- Watch Udacity Videos (More below)
- Watch GIST TechConnect video
- Complete Quiz
Once you’ve completed all parts of a Chapter, you may move on to the next Chapter; you will not be able to move to the next Chapter without finishing all parts of your current Chapter.
Here are a few tips to help you along the way:
- To watch the Udacity videos, you will need to create a separate account on https://classroom.udacity.com/courses/ep245
- This link will take you to a separate site where you will watch the assigned Udacity videos in each Chapter. Please read the assigned videos carefully to ensure you watch the right videos.
- You will need to complete all the parts of each Chapter to move onto the next Chapter.
- The Exercises WILL NOT be graded, but you will have to upload your completed assignment into the Course.
- The Quizzes WILL be graded. You will need to get a grade of 70 to move onto the next Chapter. You may take a Quiz as many times as you need to get a passing grade.
- You may stop a Chapter and resume at any time, your progress will be saved when you log out.
If you have any technical issues in this GIST Online Course, please send an email to Mandy Sutton at [email protected]