What is a GIST Startup Training?
GIST Startup Training and Investment Forum: Pacific Islands is a 4-day program of accelerated, intensive training in the Lean Startup process culminating in a final pitch and investor engagement day. The program focuses on using lean canvas and customer discovery tools to identify and tailor products and services to the unique needs and constraints of customers. At the end of the training, participants will be able to evaluate new approaches to reaching, serving, and maintaining customers.
Selected participants will be eligible to attend:
- A four day, in-person workshop in Nadi, Fiji with one additional qualifying member of their team (October 31 - November 3)
- An opportunity to meet regional investors during the final day of the workshop with an opportunity to pitch for prize money.
Apply for the Training below.
GIST Investment Forum
This year's Startup Training will be run alongside GIST's Investment Forum–a 3-day deep dive into early-stage startup investment principles, best practices, and emerging opportunities. Top regional and U.S. experts will lead this Forum, guiding participants through the process of how to evaluate investment opportunities, working with early-stage innovators, and how impact investment can be a catalyst for economic growth.
This program will be conducted in Nadi, Fiji.
Application Window: July 15 - September 15 (CLICK FOR APPLICATION)
Application Selection: September 16 - 25
Startup Training and Investment Forum: October 31 - November 3
APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED
To apply for this program, you will need to create a GISTNetwork account. Click the "SIGN UP" link at the top of this page. Complete the account creation process including confirming the account by receiving an email from GISTNetwork and clicking the link inside the email. Once logged into the website, you can click the APPLY NOW button on this page to complete the application.
Difficulties creating your account? Email [email protected]
Who Should Participate?
This program is perfect for startup founders with technology solutions that are science/technology, clean energy, or climate adaptation, resilience, or preparedness solutions with market potential in the Pacific Islands. Startups led by women, and startups that directly advance the interests of women in the countries where they operate are particularly encouraged to apply. All science and technology startup founders 18 - 40 years of age and from the following Pacific economies are eligible to apply:
Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu.
Support for Participants
Selected participants from outside the event location will receive roundtrip transportation support, a modest travel stipend, as well as accommodation during the in-person event.
The applicant must:
● Be a citizen of: Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu.
- Startups led by individuals residing in eligible countries and/or with businesses based in eligible countries are particularly encouraged to apply.
● Be the founder of a science/technology company. Companies in all science and technology industries are encouraged to apply.
● Be between the age of 18-40 years old
● Submit a complete application
Please read the full eligibility requirements and application instructions before applying.
● Intensive training in startup methodology & acceleration support
● Access to business mentors
● Engagement with potential investors
Please contact kbedeia[email protected] if you are interested in attending this Forum.
Questions about this program: [email protected].